Gym cleaning is one of the most frequently sought after cleaning services after office cleaning. Given the high traffic and frequent use of gym equipment, the maintenance of a gym’s condition and appearance is especially important when trying to retain clients and customers in such a competitive industry.
One of the most difficult surfaces in a gym to clean is the rubber flooring. With dirt and debris constantly falling in between rubber tiles, proper maintenance and care of rubber flooring from the means that, over the long term, this type of flooring requires less maintenance (and therefore lower costs) for a gym.
Below is a list of the most important things a cleaner should consider when faced with rubber flooring tiles in gyms:
- Clean often - vacuum daily and more thoroughly at least weekly
- Periodically move interlocking tiles from higher traffic areas to lower use areas
- Spot clean tiles by hand
- Use the hose or arm attachment on vacuum to precisely clean in between tiles
- Use water and mild detergent
- Do not overspray or allow excess cleaner to drop onto the rubber flooring
- Do not use a machine to wash foam rubber flooring tiles or floor mats
Follow the steps above and you’ll always have a clean and safe weights area. If you’re not sure, feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to give you some free advice.
Follow us on social media